Students are allowed to register in exchange programs that take place after concluding their 1st high school semester. The exchange programs available are as following:
- School semester: study abroad your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th semester of high school.
- School year: study abroad your 3rd and 4th semester of high school.
- Summer Program: study an academic or a language course in programs lasting up to 3 weeks. (You can register for a summer program that
- takes place right after you have concluded your 6th semester of highschool).*
- Winter Program: study a language course in programs lasting up to 2 weeks.*
*For winter and summer programs, there are no language level requirements.
Visit the International Programs Site to learn about the different destinations, specific requirements and costs of each program.
Go to Site
To participate in a Study Abroad Exchange, candidates must:
- Be a regular student at Prepa UDEM.
- Have the authorization of exchange participation from the high school’s Principal.
- Have a minimum GPA of 80.
- Not have pending courses.
- Not have misconduct reports.
- Have an interview with the Study Abroad Advisor.
- Create a digital application at the International Programs site (https://studyabroad.udem.edu.mx/).
- Carry out all the processes required for your registration in a timely manner.
- Cover all expenses derived from the program.
Additional requirements for year or semester exchanges candidates:
- Must carry out a psychological evaluation at CETIA.
- Be studying advanced English if enrolled in Bicultural Baccalaureate. If you studying intermediate English, the student must take an English test beforehand.
- Have the required language proficiency level requested for destinations that speak German or French.
- Meet the specific requirements of the program you want to enroll in.
- Have taken the co-curricular class of Introduction to Cross-cultural Competences prior to the exchange.
Internationalization Services Coordinator
Study Abroad Advisor